I’ve decided I’m not making any hard & fast New Year’s resolutions. No quickly promised challenges that I’ll only shake my head at come the end of the year. So instead, here are a few things I’d like for 2014 to bring…
- I hope to make my diet and lifestyle a bit more healthy & not rely so much on exercise as a counterbalance to over-indulgence.
- I hope I can get back to running regularly (particularly trail running) & would really like to push up into ‘ultra’ distances.
- I really hope the weather is amazing this year, and that we get plenty of camping weekends.
- I’d LOVE to drop my working week from 5 to 4 days, and have time to get some form of outdoor training qualification, and do lots of camping out.
- I’d love to have lots of new adventures, and preferably take my family on some of them.
- And while I’m wishing on a star… fingers crossed we win the lottery and buy a small house in Majorca.
- And probably even less likely than a lottery win… I wish my wife would have a couple more kids & let me get a Spaniel or two.
But to be honest, I’ll be happy if 2014 brings some running, rambling, cycling, swimming and scrambling. With a few jelly babies & some good company thrown in.
So. Let 2014 be a year for lots of jelly babies, if not a year of actual babies.