Last week was the first week of my new training plan.
- Monday: 13 mile cycle commute. Five mile run.
- Tuesday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening 45min circuit training.
- Wednesday: 13 mile cycle commute. Swim with the boy.
- Thursday: 13 mile cycle commute. Four mile run.
- Friday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening 45min circuit training.
- Saturday: 12 mile cycle to Park Run. 5k run. 12 mile cycle home
- Sunday: Rest day
The two runs during the week were very gentle, but Saturday’s Park run was the opposite – 22 minutes of stomach-churning, jelly-leggery. The end of the week’s activities was signalled by a puncture on my cycle home from the park run. I felt a little deflated myself as I now have a sore achilles. Maybe it’s too much activity.
Still, I’m well pleased with my Park Run time of 21.57. One day I will run a 20 minutes 5k. One day.