I had a busy week of exercise last week. REALLY busy. But to get me through it, my sugar and carb intake went way beyond need, and about a mile past greed.
On the bright side, it was a week of good effort though. I didn’t want it to be a blip so I’m trialling a new training plan.
- Monday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening interval run.
- Tuesday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening 45min circuit training.
- Wednesday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening swim.
- Thursday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening steady run.
- Friday: 13 mile cycle commute. Evening 45min circuit training.
- Saturday: 12 mile cycle to Park Run. 5k run. 11 mile cycle home OR gym session.
- Sunday: Swim with the boy.
And it begs the question, what am I going to use it for? I can’t just squander the training on doughnuts. Because that’s what’s been happening.
I just ate two while typing this, by the way. Jam, since you ask.
I need something fixed and challenging to focus on, to be at the front of my mind when I’m thinking of eating a whole pack of reduced-price sugary pillows of jam-filled joy.
Yep, I need to sign up for a race, and soon.