This last week has been tough on my legs.
- Tuesday: 13 mile (in total) commute to work on the bicycle.
- Wednesday: 13 mile round trip on the bike again, plus half hour free weights in the gym.
- Thursday: 6.2 mile road run at 5.30am, followed by 6.5 miles bike ride to work. A very cold and slow 6.5 mile bike ride home!
- Friday: Again with the cycling to work and back. Now feeling quite heavy in the legs. Helped out at Explorer Scouts in the evening.
- Saturday: 4-hour-long 6 mile hike/run round Tullich Hill and Beinn Bhreac. The pain in the calf muscles was awful, but I managed it and I only twisted both my ankles a little bit – no lasting damage. Tiring and painful but worthwhile!
- Sunday: Rest day.
- Monday: A rare day off work. Despite my thighs still feeling beat up, I managed a wee 5k recovery trail run up and over the Dampton pad. Lots of fallen tree vaulting!