Well. It’s not been a great week or so for exercise or outdoor adventures. But I did start my 16 week marathon training plan, and have put in three ALL TARMAC runs. Yes, the knees and ankles are protesting, but not too much as they know that the alternative is two or three laps of the woods up to Dampton Pad with a few near-vertical ascents. That will come soon enough.
Here’s what I’ve been up to, in the seemingly decreasing spare time found between working and sleeping…
- Saturday: a pre-training run, just to see if the legs are back in business. 40 mins jog on tarmac with one BIG hill (4 miles total).
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: Took the car to work, so no exercise.
- Tuesday: Up early for a 40 minute jog on tarmac (4 miles). 6.5 mile cycle to work – got soaked, and 6.5 mile cycle home, got soaked.
- Wednesday: Took the car to work as no dry footwear available.
- Thursday: up early for 400 metre repeats. Jogged 5 mins, and then 6 x 400 metre runs at ’10 minute per mile’ pace, while getting soaked. 6.5 mile cycle to work – got soaked some more, and then a 6.5 mile cycle home, got soaked, again.
- Friday: 6.5 mile cycle to work. Left bike at work to head for Loch Katrine area in the car.
- Saturday: 7 mile run around Loch Katrine, plus a quick swim. Not good enough weather so didn’t bother hiking up Ben A’an, nor Ben Venue.
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: took car to work. Should be cycling home, but the 70mph wind and rain outside are looking a bit fierce. We’ll see.
- My monday supplement – adrenalin overload (rennyrambles.wordpress.com)