My weekly update…
- Monday: rest
- Tuesday: 9 miles hard hilly trail running, 12 miles bike, 30 lengths of the pool, plus my six-week post-op meeting with my consultant surgeon: I am recovering from what was a suspected inguinal hernia. However, I officially find out I had a split exterior oblique, known as Gilmore’s groin. I also find out I shouldn’t have been taking fairly intensive exercise for the past two weeks.
According to my wife, I am “… a fucking eedgit, who’ll get no sympathy from anybody if he permanently fucks himself up”. Wise words.
- Wednesday: 12 miles bike. Gardening duties in the evening.
- Thursday: 8 miles bike, 4 miles pushing bike with flat tyre in the rain. No morning swim due to work pressures. No evening run due to lack of motivation.
- Friday: 12 miles bike, 20 lengths of the pool
- Saturday: 15.9 miles run on light trails and track.
- Sunday: 2.4 mile hill run. Light gardening duties.